The Thirty Sixth AGM - 2021
Wednesday 19 May 2021
26 Sinclair Avenue, Glen Iris
• To receive apologies and proxies [Proxy forms available at the Office]
• To confirm Minutes of the 2020 Annual General Meeting- copy available for download here
• To receive the Annual Report for 2020 copy available for download here
• To receive the Audited Financial Statement for the year ended 31/12/2020- copy available for download here
• To elect Office Bearers and Committee Members for the next 12 months - copy of nominations received
• To appoint an Auditor for the year ending 31 December 2021
• To approve Subscription Fees for 2022 - the Committee recommends reverting to $50
• To consider other business of which notice has been given in accordance with the Rules.
* Complete copies of the Rules of Association are available on the Forms and Downloads page
All Executive and Committee positions will be declared vacant. Nomination and proxy forms (both available from the Office) must be deposited with the Secretary not less than 7 days (in the case of nominations) and not less than 24 hours (in the case of proxies) prior to the time for the commencement of the Meeting.
The meeting will be followed by a presentation by member Graham Pratt entitled
Revisiting Alvin Toffler's Future Shock.
Toffler’s views of the future world were a sensation when his book was published in 1972. It sold over 6 million copies.
How do we view his predictions today?
Graham is well known to many of our members as a tutor and as a class member. He has contributed to recent Summer Schools. He has had a distinguished Australian Army career including service in Vietnam and rising to the rank of Lt Colonel. His post Army career has been in Information Technology and included a PhD in this area from the University of NSW.
A light lunch will be served at the conclusion of the meeting.
Please enrol in 21AGM001 to assist us with both catering and COVID recording for this function.
Nominations for Committee: click here
Proxy Form: click here
PLEASE REMEMBER TO WEAR YOUR NAME BADGE