Thursday 25 May 2017
26 Sinclair Avenue, Glen Iris
* To receive apologies and proxies
* To confirm Minutes of the 2016 Annual General Meeting
* To receive the Annual Report for 2016/17
* To receive the Audited Financial Statement for the year ended 31/12/2016
* To elect Office Bearers and Committee Members for the next 12 months
* To appoint an Auditor for the year ending 31 December 2017
* Other business of which notice has been given in accordance with the Rules
President Meg Adams' address at AGM 2017
The Annual General Meeting was followed by a talk:-
Significant Trees in Victoria
by Dr. Gregory Moore
Dr Moore was Principal of Burnley College of the Institute of Land Food Resources at Melbourne University from 1988 to 2007.
Apart from a general interest in horticultural plant science, revegetation and ecology, Greg has a specific interest in all aspects of arboriculture, which is the scientific study of the cultivation and management of trees. He has contributed to the development of Australian Standards in pruning and amenity tree evaluation and has been a major speaker at conferences in Australia, Israel, Hong Kong, USA and New Zealand in recent years.
He was the inaugural president of the International Society of Arboriculture, Australian Chapter. He has been a regular on Melbourne radio, particularly with ABC 774 and 3AW. He has been a member of the National Trust of Victoria’s Register of Significant Trees since 1988 and has chaired the committee since 1996.
Greg has been on the Board of Greening Australia (Victoria) since 1989 and has been an active member of various sub-committees. He has chaired Treenet since 2005 and has been on the Board of SGA since 2002. He is a ministerial nomination as a Trustee for the Trust for Nature.
He continues to pursue an active research profile in any matters that relate to trees in the urban environment and revegetation. He has written one book, contributed to four others and has had some 120 papers and articles relating to tree biology and management published.